Diploma in Nursing in Emergencies and Disaster
Providencia (Metro Salvador)
Start of Class:
The importance of nursing care related to emergencies and disasters is increasing day by day. Hazardous events of anthropic, natural and socio natural kinds affect the world's population with rates of injury and mortality. It is required to have nurses trained in emergency and disaster relief with extensive expertise. The Diploma graduate possess the skills to successfully participate in Emergency and Disaster relief and to integrate extra hospital rescue teams and hospital care and integrate international humanitarian missions. The Diploma includes field visits and practical modules.
The Diploma has 9 modules and is 360 chronological hours long and 540 individual work hours. The diploma has 36 (SCT). The Diploma follows a presential class’s format (one semester).
Module 1.- Introduction to the concept of emergencies and disasters (40 hours)
- Concepts of emergency and disaster
- Sendai Framework
- Role of nursing in emergency relief
Module 2.-Health impacts of disasters and emergencies (40 hours)
- Health problems common to all natural disasters
- Immediate Health Problems linked to the type of disaster
- Myths and Realities of Natural Disasters
Module 3.- Networks of emergencies and disasters relief (40 hours)
- Rescue Networks
- Local Emergency Management
- Study of cases
Module 4.- Addressing emergency management (40 hours)
- Multi-agency response
- Scene Safety
- Security perimeters and áreas
- Advanced medical stations
Module 5.- Management of multiple victims (site visits) (40 hours)
- Prehospital Emergency Care
- Reception and hospital treatment
- Redistribution of patients between hospitals
Module 6.- Triage in Disaster (practical workshop) (40 hours)
- Multiple Victims Emergencies and Disasters
- Principles, fundamentals and concepts of triage.
- Basic, advanced and in-hospital Triage .
- Triage in Extra hospital situations.
Module 7.- Emergency (40 hours)
- Emergency toxicological
- Acute and emergency identification and management of different types of shock
- Accident and Emergency Cardiovascular.
- Identification Emergency management and respiratory emergencies.
- Metabolic and Epileptic Emergency Status.
- Extra hospital Resuscitation practice
Module 8.- BASIC CPR (practical workshop) (40 hours)
- Chain of Survival
- Ask For Help
- Cardiac Compressions
- Automatic External Defibrillator
- Advanced Management
- Care Post Shutdown.
Module 9.- Healthcare in emergencies and disasters (40 hours)
- Damage and needs assessment
- Logistics disaster
- Nurses with skills of knowing, being and doing in emergencies and disasters.
- Hospital rescue teams and hospital care and integrate international humanitarian missions.
Presential mode: the Diploma has the most advanced learning methodologies for learning by doing in presential workshops, in on-line programs and in blended solutions.
Theorical and practical mods, with on-site activities. The Diploma is presented as a series of theoretical and practical integrated modules, which will offer knowledge, booklets for decision-making and limited practice of some clinical procedures. Students will learn from in site activities. The Diploma students will Access the High Fidelity Simulation Center with all of its equipment
Simulation is positively associated with significantly improved interpersonal communication skills at patient handover, and it has also been clearly shown to improve team behaviours in a wide variety of clinical contexts and clinical personnel, associated with improved team performance in the management of crisis situations. It also enables the effective development of transferable, transformational leadership skills, and has also been demonstrated to improve students' critical thinking and clinical reasoning in complex care situations, and to aid in the development of students' self-efficacy and confidence in their own clinical abilities. Research shows didactic learning gained from simulations is retained longer than knowledge gained through lectures. The few studies that have investigated skills using simulators or simulations found this teaching method sometimes leads to quicker skill acquisition than conventional methods
- Foreign students with a pre grade nursing certificate
- English good command
Ser Mejores se Puede
Avanzar cada día es una elección