Diploma in Critical Patient Care
Providencia (Metro Salvador)
Start of Class:
Critical care helps people with life-threatening injuries and illnesses. It might treat problems such as complications from surgery, accidents, infections, and severe breathing problems. It involves close, constant attention by a team of specially-trained health care providers. The diploma student will be able to work in the care of critical patients with a holistic approach, with skills to face the challenges and complexities of critical patients care
The Diploma has 5 modules and is 250 chronological hours long and 375 individual work hours. The diploma has 25 (SCT). The Diploma follows a presential classes format. One semester
Module 1. Basic and general concepts of patient in critical condition care system
- Integral emergency systems and coordination procedures between levels of care to critical patients.
- Models of organization of healthcare devices and emergency critical care hospital settings
Module 2. Bioethics in care and decision making
- Bioethics applied to critical care patients
Module 3. Advanced Life Support. Technologies and medical devices
.• Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Ventilatory support in critically ill patients
- Pharmacotherapy in critical patients
- Administration of blood product
Module 4. Nursing care in critical patients
- Nursing care in critical cardiac patients
- Nursing care in Neuro Intensive patients
- Nursing care in critical patients with acute renal failure requiring renal replacement therapy
- Nursing in Critical oncological patients
- Nursing care in critical burn patients• Nursing care in critical patients with trauma Shock
Module 5. Pharmacology applied in critical patients
- Dilution and administration of medications criteria
- Optimizing the appropriate use of resources.
- Nurses with skills of knowing, being and doing in emergencies and disasters.
- Hospital rescue teams and hospital care and integrate international humanitarian missions.
Presential mode: the Diploma has the most advanced learning methodologies for learning by doing in presential workshops, in on-line programs and in blended solutions.
Theorical and practical mods, with on-site activities, with on-site activities. The Diploma is presented as a series of theoretical and practical integrated modules, which will offer knowledge, booklets for decision-making and limited practice of some clinical procedures. Students will learn from in site activities. The Diploma students will Access the High Fidelity Simulation Center with all of its equipment.
Simulation is positively associated with significantly improved interpersonal communication skills at patient handover, and it has also been clearly shown to improve team behaviours in a wide variety of clinical contexts and clinical personnel, associated with improved team performance in the management of crisis situations. It also enables the effective development of transferable, transformational leadership skills, and has also been demonstrated to improve students' critical thinking and clinical reasoning in complex care situations, and to aid in the development of students' self-efficacy and confidence in their own clinical abilities. research shows didactic learning gained from simulations is retained longer than knowledge gained through lectures. The few studies that have investigated skills using simulators or simulations found this teaching method sometimes leads to quicker skill acquisition than conventional methods.
- Foreign students with a pre grade nursing certificate
- Pre grade nursing certificate, english good command